Emory's Research A-to-Z Forum [ERAZ]
Last Thursday, July 17, 2014, the Office of Research Administration welcomed a record 133 participants to its bimonthly ERAZ Forum. The ERAZ Forum has been a resource and training event for research administrators and PIs since January 2011. In an effort to continually improve on this forum, PIs and research administrators are encouraged to suggest topics for future meetings and to give feedback on past meetings via email at email@example.com.
The PowerPoint presentations for the July 17th ERAZ Forum are available. During this month's forum:
- Kerry Peluso reported on the extention of the HHS transition to a new payment system, and gave a status review of the Uniform Guidance document by the OMB (Office of Management and Budget) and COFAR (Council on Financial Assistance Reform);
- the implementation and a preview of SAM Kiosk was announced by Holly Sommers;
- an update on the Research Administration Services departments was given by Kathleen Bienkowski;
- Finesha Colton Lee from Procurement Operations outlined sub-award processing details; and
- Research Compliance Specialist Christine Cramer explained regulatory requirements for research use of controlled substances and Emory Policy 7.25.